We are looking for a talented developer to join a small team responsible for the design and development of our unique Technology Expense Management (TEM) platform dealing with Big Data. The position offers the opportunity to join a small, dynamic team, practicing agile in a growing company with a great culture and working environment, based in the centre of Edinburgh. Currently we use C#, DNX 4.5.1, AngularJS, ASP.NET MVC WebApi, SQL Server 2016, Azure cloud.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Research, design and development – helping us deliver new functionality and maintaining that which already exists
- Test engineering – developing automated tests to ensure your code works, and keeps working
- Documentation – producing clear documentation to support your work; specifications, test plans, the usual
For this role, you’ll need the following skills and experience:
- A good degree in Computer Science – or a related subject (If you don’t have this, we’d still like to talk to you, but you’ll need to demonstrate that you have a thorough understanding of the field).
- C# and .NET experience – you have at least three years’ experience developing commercial applications using the .NET framework and C#. You know LINQ, and you know its pitfalls too
- Windows and Web – You’ve worked on commercial applications both for the web and for the Windows desktop
- Relational database experience – you’re at home with complex SQL statements and you know your DDL from your DML
- Version control – You are comfortable with source control systems and release management processes. You aren’t afraid to branch or merge
- Problem solving – you have an inquisitive mind and you aren’t afraid to use it. You have excellent problem solving skills and you know how to apply them to deliver great software
- Communication – you are an excellent communicator, both verbally and written. You can communicate your ideas concisely to the team and to the business in general
The following skills and experience would be a plus:
- Telecoms – any experience of the telecoms sector, and in particular billing, would be a definite advantage.
- AngularJS – solid experience of AngularJS (or an equivalent web framework) would be great.
- WCF – you have experience configuring and consuming WCF services, or even better experience working with TCP/IP sockets and streams.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Intelligent – you’re smart and you get things done. You can consider the detail and the bigger picture at the same time.
- Curious – you are able to think expansively and are not constrained by your prior experience.
- Driven –you see things through to the end and ensure they are done properly whilst hitting your estimates.
- Independent – you are able to work with minimal supervision, though you enjoy the collaborative process.
Closing date: Monday 4th Sept 2017
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org