This role is for a MS SQL Server Database Developer. We are looking for a highly competent and highly motivated individual to take on this role. This is a production Database Developer role, and as such it will require genuine commitment on your part as well as ours.
This position requires strong and in depths experience developing relational database applications with a primary focus on complex T-SQL scripts; strong and in depths experience creating stored procedures in a development environment followed by test and release procedures in a quality assurance environment; strong experience implementing large data set (billion rows) management solutions into the production environment.
In your first few months in this role you will take part in a new project implementing a Modern Data Warehouse Solution using Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition. You will be working closely with the organisation DBA and will be responsible providing robust and reliable T-SQL stored procedures managing large data sets and fulfilling the business requirements.
We are looking for a person with:
• At least 4 years’ experience developing relational database applications in the MS SQL Server environment
• At least 4 years’ experience creating complex T-SQL and stored procedures scripts
• Experience in QA using reliable test and release processes
• Experience with managing large data sets (billion rows)
• Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008/2012
• Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS
• Demonstrable ability to work as part of an application development team; create structured code for integration into larger systems, document work for maintenance in a production environment, create task lists, timelines and deliverables, work to meet project schedules determined by others
• Demonstrable ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop systematic testing plans for problem resolution
• Ability to self-manage assigned tasks
• Good communication and documentation skills.
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
• Experience with MS SQL Data Warehouse solutions
• Involvement with the MSSQL Server Community; membership in PASS, active in forums or newsgroups.
• Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Intelligent – you’re smart and you get things done. You can consider the detail and the bigger picture at the same time
• Curious – you are able to think expansively and are not constrained by your prior experience
• Driven –you see things through to the end and ensure they are done properly whilst hitting your estimates
• Independent – you are able to work with minimal supervision, though you enjoy the collaborative process.
Closing date: 31 July 2017
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org